X by James Galvin – FB2 download | 9781556591914

Recordings & Event Resources Forums Rides & Lodging Board X by James Galvin – FB2 download | 9781556591914

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Campbell

X
    Poems

by James Galvin

๐Ÿ”— X ~ READ MORE ๐Ÿ”—

• ISBN: 9781556591914 (1556591918)
    • Author: James Galvin
    • Language: english
    • Publisher: Copper Canyon Press
    • Format: paperback, 96 pages
    • Genres: poetry
    • Release date: May 1, 2003

About The Book

“X” is the kiss and betrayal, the embrace, the crucifixion, the mathematical unknown. In his sixth book of poems, James Galvin writes from a deep, philosophical engagement with the landscape and faces a “vertigo of solitude” with his marriage dissolved, his only daughter grown and gone, and the log house he built by hand abandoned. “What did I love that made me believe it would last?” he asks.

Something has to be true enough to be

Taken for granted.

In the hospital I saw

An old man

Caressing the face of an old woman.

This same man, young, caressed her face

In just that way.

Thatโ€™s the stillness

At the center of changeโ€”

A sadness worth dying for, I swearโ€”

There is no other.

โ€”from “Dying into What Iโ€™ve Done”

“James Galvin has a voice and a world, perhaps the two most difficult things to achieve in poetry.” โ€” The Nation

“In James Galvin we have a superior poet.” โ€” American Book Review

“Galvinโ€™s poems have the virtues of precise observation and original language, yes, but what he also brings to the table is a rigor of mind and firmness of phrasing which make the slightest of his poems an architectural pleasure.” โ€” Harvard Review

James Galvin has published five collections of poetry, most recently Resurrection Update: Collected Poems 1975 โ€” 1997, which was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Award and the Lenore Marshall/The Nation Prize. He is also the author of the critically acclaimed prose book, The Meadow and a novel, Fencing the Sky. He lives in Laramie, Wyoming, where he works as a rancher part of each year, and in Iowa City, where he is a member of the permanent faculty of the University of Iowa Writersโ€™ Workshop.

MP3 ebook X by James Galvin buy for Mac. Hardcover book X download on Books-a-Million. Hardback X James Galvin read online on Dymocks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: X by James Galvin – FB2 download | 9781556591914
Your information: