My House — audiobook download ~ 9780688050214

Recordings & Event Resources Forums Rides & Lodging Board My House — audiobook download ~ 9780688050214

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Quick

My House
    by Nikki Giovanni

My House ~ Click Here

• Genres: poetry, fiction
    • Language: english
    • Release date: March 1, 1974
    • Format: paperback, 96 pages
    • Author: Nikki Giovanni
    • ISBN: 9780688050214 (0688050212)
    • Publisher: William Morrow

About The Book

Enter the world of Nikki Giovanni. Writing of mothers and their children, of childhood memories, of black leaders and black Africa, the poems in My House marked a new dimension in tone and philosophy for Nikki Giovanni when they first appeared at the beginning of her extraordinary career. Emotional and autobiographical, Nikki Giovanni personalizes the political — like no one else — and brings her house in all its complexity and glory to our own backyards. At once tough-minded and playful and with such famous classics as “My House” and “Winter Poem,” this reissue of Nikki Giovanni’s 1972 collection will once again intoxicate those who have always loved her poems — and those who are just getting to know her work.

As a witness to three generations, Nikki Giovanni has perceptively and poetically recorded her observations of both the outside world and the gentle yet enigmatic territory of the self. When her poems first emerged from the Black Rights Movement in the late 1960s, she immediately became a celebrated and controversial poet of the era. Written in one of the most commanding voices to grace America’s political and poetic landscape at the end of the twentieth century, Nikki Giovanni’s poems embody the fearless passion and spirited wit for which she is beloved and revered.

Nikki Giovanni is one of the most influential black writers writing today. This, her second book of poetry, marked a new dimension in tone and philosophy-personal and autobiographical rather than political; it is also lively, loving, witty, and occasionally tough-minded. Divided into two sections, the poems center around “her” house-the rooms inside as well as outside. She writes of mothers and their children, of childhood memories, of black leaders and black Africa. This is an important book by a black woman written in and of the ’70s.”Nikki Giovanni has … become one of the most potent voices of our time. Her message is universal and the rhythm and language of her poetry can be compared favorably with that of the finest poets of the past. She is a beautiful and complete human being with a genius for describing the human condition.” Minneapolis Tribune

“Talent is light, but mature talent is a beacon and Nikki Giovanni has, by her own words, joined that small band of talented people who try to show us all the way to go home.” Los Angeles Times

FictionBook book My House by Nikki Giovanni read. Hardcover My House buy cheap on Mac on Audible. EPUB ebook My House Nikki Giovanni download for reader. MP3 book My House on Booktopia.

TXT My House by Nikki Giovanni iPhone. MOBI ebook My House buy on Amazon. PDF My House download for iPad on Books-a-Million. FB2 ebook My House Nikki Giovanni read online.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: My House — audiobook download ~ 9780688050214
Your information: