- This topic is empty.
December 21, 2020 at 7:34 pm #16511Andrew BuccinoGuest
by Inga Ābele, Kaija Straumanis
- Format: paperback, 310 pages
- Release date: September 26, 2013
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, mystery
- Author: Inga Ābele, Kaija Straumanis
- Characters: Ieva, Aksels, Andrejs, Monta
- First published: January 1, 2008
- ISBN: 9781934824801 (1934824801)
- Publisher: Open Letter Books
About The Book
Told more or less in reverse chronological order, High Tide is the story of Ieva, her dead lover, her imprisoned husband, and the way their youthful decisions dramatically impacted the rest of their lives. Taking place over three decades, High Tide functions as a sort of psychological mystery, with the full scope of Ieva’s personal situation — and the relationship between the three main characters — only becoming clear at the end of the novel.
One of Latvia’s most notable young writers, Ābele is a fresh voice in European fiction — her prose is direct, evocative, and exceptionally beautiful. The combination of strikingly lush descriptive writing with the precision with which she depicts the minds of her characters elevates this novel from a simple story of a love triangle into a fascinating, philosophical, haunting book.
MP3 High Tide for Mac on Booktopia. Hardcover ebook High Tide by Inga Ābele read online. PDF book High Tide Inga Ābele buy cheap on Audible.