- This topic is empty.
November 26, 2020 at 1:11 am #12080Jessica SmithGuest
Read It to Me Now!
Learning at Home and at School
by Hilary Minns
- Format: hardcover, 164 pages
- Author: Hilary Minns
- Release date: May 1, 1997
- ISBN: 9780335197620 (0335197620)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Open University Press
About The Book
* What do young children from different cultural backgrounds learn about reading and writing before they come to school?
* How can schools work with parents to incorporate children’s pre-school literacy learning into policies for the development of literacy?
* What strategies can early years’ teachers use to support young children’s understanding of the reading process?
Read It To Me Now! charts the emergent literacy learning of five four-year old children from different cultural backgrounds in their crucial move from home to school, and demonstrates how children’s early understanding of reading and writing is learnt socially and culturally within their family and community. Drawing the children’s stories together, Hilary Minns discusses the role of the school in recognizing and developing children’s literacy learning, including that of emergent bilingual learners, and in developing genuine home-school links with families. This edition of Read It To Me Now! makes reference to current texts that take knowledge and ideas of children’s literacy learning further, and includes discussion of the literacy requirements of the National Curriculum.
Hardback book Read It to Me Now! read on Android. MP3 Read It to Me Now! Hilary Minns download on Booktopia. FictionBook ebook Read It to Me Now! by Hilary Minns buy cheap iOS. Paperback ebook Read It to Me Now! on Walmart.
MOBI Read It to Me Now! buy for PC. EPUB book Read It to Me Now! Hilary Minns download on Amazon. Online ebook Read It to Me Now! by Hilary Minns read online iPhone. FB2 Read It to Me Now! on Bookshop.