(ePUB) The Remedy · 9780060837037

Recordings & Event Resources Forums Rides & Lodging Board (ePUB) The Remedy · 9780060837037

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Amy Woodford

The Remedy
    by Michelle Lovric

The Remedy | Read More

• ISBN: 9780060837037 (0060837039)
    • Author: Michelle Lovric
    • Language: english
    • Release date: November 22, 2005
    • Format: hardcover, 448 pages
    • Awards: Orange Prize Nominee for Fiction Longlist (2005)
    • Genres: fiction, historical, italy, mystery, romance, unfinished, adult
    • Publisher: Harper

About The Book

I was an unwilling nun, bundled into the convent by a family that had briefly lost its head . . .

The nuns caught me early by my sweet tooth, hanging sugared almonds, balsamic lozenges, and candied fruit in the humid swoop of the orchard branches whenever we went . . .

I married Christ in a delirium spun of sweetened wine. I was only bitter later, when I saw little girls dreambound in the smell of almonds and burnt sugar in the orchard. For by then of course I knew full well … that God did not make such trees.

So begins The Remedy, a lush and riveting new work of historical fiction by the author of the The Floating Book.

Set against the vivid, haunting backdrops of eighteenth-century Venice and London, The Remedy weaves together the stories of three mesmerizing characters: Venetian actress Mimosina Dolcezza — snatched from a convent as a young woman, employed as an actress and agente provocatrice by powerful and shadowy European power brokers; the dark prince of London’s medical underworld, the roguish Valentine Greatrakes; and the strange, peevish child-woman Pevenche, whose fate and identity are at the heart of the book’s mystery. The love affair between Mimosina and Valentine begins in the wake of a murder and tumbles forward based on dangerous secrets and elaborate lies. As the lovers unravel the tangled truths of each other’s pasts, The Remedy lures us along a path from the dank environs of London’s Bankside to the vibrant streets of Venice, through playhouses and brothels, convents and crypts, with a sensual eye for detail that breathes heady, intoxicating life into the era.

Long-listed for the prestigious Orange Prize for Fiction, The Remedy is scholarly, seductive, and teeming with Rabelaisian characters — a gorgeous novel that will keep the reader aching with suspense and haunted long after the final page is turned.

PDF ebook The Remedy download. MP3 book The Remedy Michelle Lovric read for PocketBook on Audible. EPUB The Remedy by Michelle Lovric on Kobo.

MOBI ebook The Remedy buy on iPhone. FB2 The Remedy buy cheap. Paperback book The Remedy Michelle Lovric read online iOS on Books-a-Million.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: (ePUB) The Remedy · 9780060837037
Your information: