Call Me Maria by Judith Ortiz Cofer — read online • 9780439385787

Recordings & Event Resources Forums Rides & Lodging Board Call Me Maria by Judith Ortiz Cofer — read online • 9780439385787

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Petties

Call Me Maria
    by Judith Ortiz Cofer

🔍 Call Me Maria • READ MORE 🔍

• Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
    • Release date: July 1, 2006
    • ISBN: 9780439385787 (0439385784)
    • Language: english
    • Genres: poetry, cultural, fiction, teen, family, childrens
    • Format: paperback, 144 pages
    • Author: Judith Ortiz Cofer

About The Book

A new novel from the award-winning author of AN ISLAND LIKE YOU, winner of the Pura Belpre Award.

Maria is a girl caught between two worlds: Puerto Rico, where she was born, and New York, where she now lives in a basement apartment in the barrio. While her mother remains on the island, Maria lives with her father, the super of their building. As she struggles to lose her island accent, Maria does her best to find her place within the unfamiliar culture of the barrio. Finally, with the Spanglish of the barrio people ringing in her ears, she finds the poet within herself.

In lush prose and spare, evocative poetry, Cofer weaves a powerful novel, bursting with life and hope.

Hardback Call Me Maria by Judith Ortiz Cofer on Kindle on Bookshop. EPUB ebook Call Me Maria buy. Paperback book Call Me Maria read online iPhone. MOBI ebook Call Me Maria Judith Ortiz Cofer download on Amazon.

PDF Call Me Maria by Judith Ortiz Cofer read for PC. TXT book Call Me Maria buy cheap on IndieBound. FB2 ebook Call Me Maria download for iPad on Books-a-Million. Hardcover book Call Me Maria Judith Ortiz Cofer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Call Me Maria by Judith Ortiz Cofer — read online • 9780439385787
Your information: