- This topic is empty.
December 10, 2020 at 4:38 am #14914Mable EisensteinGuest
Raising a Daughter
Parents and the Awakening of a Healthy Woman
by Jeanne Elium, Don Elium
- Format: paperback, 432 pages
- Publisher: Celestial Arts
- Author: Jeanne Elium, Don Elium
- Language: english
- Release date: January 13, 2003
- Genres: parenting, feminism
- ISBN: 9781587611766 (1587611767)
About The Book
Girls are born believing that they can do anything, but our media-driven culture of mixed messages and conflicting values can make growing up a confusing and risky business. And for parents, it is a daunting responsibility to raise confident, independent daughters while still keeping them safe. Jeanne and Don Elium address such complex challenges as:
• peer pressure and evolving social roles
• emotional effects of physical changes
• moodiness, eating disorders, and depression
• the consequences of early sexuality
• the gender gap between girls and boys
• new research on ADD and ADHD in girls
• daughters and single parenting
Raising A Daughter guides parents through each stage of a girl’s development, from infant to toddler, through middle childhood, the teen years, and on into early adulthood. A bestseller since 1994, this newly revised classic offers a practical exploration of what it means to have a daughter, and a compassionate study of what it means to be a woman coming of age in today’s world.
FictionBook book Raising a Daughter read on IndieBound. FB2 ebook Raising a Daughter by Jeanne Elium on iPad. TXT Raising a Daughter download Mac. PDF book Raising a Daughter Jeanne Elium buy cheap on Books-a-Million.