- This topic is empty.
December 14, 2020 at 11:20 pm #15674Jessica MartinGuest
By the Sea
by Abdulrazak Gurnah
- Genres: fiction, africa, tanzania, contemporary, novels
- Format: paperback, 245 pages
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee for Longlist (2001), Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Fiction (2001)
- ISBN: 9780747557852 (0747557853)
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Release date: July 8, 2002
- Language: english
- Author: Abdulrazak Gurnah
About The Book
On a late November afternoon Saleh Omar arrives at Gatwick Airport from Zanzibar, a far away island in the Indian Ocean. With him he has a small bag in which there lies his most precious possession — a mahogany box containing incense. He used to own a furniture shop, have a house and be a husband and father, but now he is an asylum seeker from paradise; silence his only protection.
Meanwhile, Latif Mahmud, someone intimately connected with Saleh’s past, lives quietly alone in his London flat. When Saleh and Latif meet in an English seaside town, a story is unravelled. It is a story of love, betrayal, of seduction and of possession, and of a people desperately trying to find stability amidst the maelstrom of their times.
Hardback By the Sea Abdulrazak Gurnah buy cheap on Booktopia. PDF book By the Sea download iPhone. TXT ebook By the Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah read on Kindle. Paperback ebook By the Sea on Bookshop.
MP3 book By the Sea by Abdulrazak Gurnah read online for Mac on Dymocks. Online By the Sea buy. MOBI By the Sea. EPUB book By the Sea Abdulrazak Gurnah download on PC on IndieBound.