- This topic is empty.
November 10, 2020 at 3:58 am #9342Ashton BattishilGuest
Fourth of July Creek
by Smith Henderson
- Awards: James Tait Black Memorial Prize Nominee for Fiction (2014), Oregon Book Award Nominee for Fiction (Finalist) (2015), CWA New Blood Dagger (2015), Montana Book Award (2014), The Center for Fiction First Novel Prize Nominee for Shortlist (2014)
- Format: hardcover, 466 pages
- ISBN: 9780062286444 (0062286447)
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, novels, literature, adult, american
- Characters: Benjamin Pearl, Pete Snow
- Publisher: Ecco
- Author: Smith Henderson
- Language: english
- Release date: May 27, 2014
- Places: Montana, Tenmile, Montana
About The Book
In this shattering and iconic American novel, PEN prize-winning writer, Smith Henderson explores the complexities of freedom, community, grace, suspicion and anarchy, brilliantly depicting our nation’s disquieting and violent contradictions.
After trying to help Benjamin Pearl, an undernourished, nearly feral eleven-year-old boy living in the Montana wilderness, social worker Pete Snow comes face to face with the boy’s profoundly disturbed father, Jeremiah. With courage and caution, Pete slowly earns a measure of trust from this paranoid survivalist itching for a final conflict that will signal the coming End Times.
But as Pete’s own family spins out of control, Benjamin’s activities spark the full-blown interest of the F.B.I., putting Pete at the center of a massive manhunt from which no one will emerge unscathed.
FB2 book Fourth of July Creek Smith Henderson buy cheap on Audible. MP3 ebook Fourth of July Creek on reader. MOBI Fourth of July Creek download on IndieBound.